Tuesday 15 March 2011

Arabic literature

I found some interesting courses on Al-Quds University on Arabic literature that I want to join. I just have to decide what I want the most; Jahiliya poetry, Palestinian literature, children's literature, Abbasid or Ummayid or Andalusi poetry, or one of the 30 other courses from their BA programme. Next question is if I can follow the classes in Arabic, I'm not sure I can understand so much. But I want to taste different parts and genres of Arabic literature, and I need a teacher to tell me what is good and what is meant. And I would also like to have classmates.

I also came to think of those nonsense poems/stories, I wanted to make. Then I have something to draw! So time to hook up with Hans Wehr and see what I can find. It's not going to be as eloquent as the poem below, but I like playing with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment