Wednesday 2 March 2011

Not so funny encounter

A and I met for a quick dinner "date" in our busy scedule, and ended up with our falafel sandwiches on a lawn outside Herod's Gate. At some point we kissed, and then a Muslim man came up to us, warning us not to do that here, cus "you can be stoned for that!" We replyed that now we've been here for more than a month and noone has said anything yet.

When we left the spot some five minutes later, an apple followed us in high speed, though luckily it didn't hit us. I suspect the Arab boys, who'd gathered close to where we sat, for throwing it - but it might just be my prejudices... Anyway, I severly dislike this kind of "perker"-behavior, no matter with cultural background or which skin-colour the "perker" in question has.

I don't think we would experience being thrown things at in the Jewish quarters of Jerusalem (A has one or two other times had Arab boys throwing things at him on his way to the university when we stayed in the Old City). Sigh. I'm all for dialogue and co-existing, but both sides have to agree on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment