Monday 7 March 2011

Power yoga in Hebrew

I went with A to his yoga lesson in the Sports Complex next to the Hebrew University tonight. It was not the same as I had tried in Ramallah, not at all. In Ramallah we focused on breathing and slow movements, streching, feeling comfortable. Here we jumped and stretched and got all sweaty. And tried to levitate - well, balancing on the front of one foot, while sitting with crossed legs on top of it... I couldn't do it, but I think this might be a way the Indian yoga masters might have seemed to levitate.

There were windows to the room next to, where all the big fitness machines were, each with its own TV screen, so the one exercising could be entertained in his or her own way. Not a temple for the worship of God, but for worship of the body. Which is good, it's nice to exercise. But a bit too much for me like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment