Tuesday 15 February 2011

Jerusalem Studio School

I've always wanted to be able to draw and paint, but never taken my time to practise (I guess I don't have enough patience for it...). But, being here and taking a year of for pursuing my interests, I'm looking for drawing- and or painting classes. I found the Jerusalem Studio School online, and called to ask if I could attend a class and see if it wass something for me.

First challenge was to find the place. They hadn't written their address on their webpage (apparently, all the institutions I plan to visit have P.O.boxes, and therefore don't care to mention their physical location), and the lady in the telephone gave me the hints "it's close to the (something I forgot) Mall, in the building with the round windows, take the rightest elevetor to the floor number 5", and when I asked "Is it in Yad Harutzim street?", she answered "yes, closeto that." So I though I had it. But still spend 45 minutes finding the place, and not in the street I expected, and only because I had decided to walk in every building and take a closer look - cus nothing were written outside, or only in Hebrew. But I found it!

The class was an introduction to painting with oil colours - in Hebrew - and I had good talk with the teacher afterwards and a nice Norwegian guy (and we agreed it was good that the other one was not a Swede ;). So on monday I'll go and see their "drawing in daylight" class, and probably sign up for that and the painting one on tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment