Saturday 26 February 2011

New strings for my 3oud!

I was happy to get my 3oud back - didn't think I had become so attached to it already, I've only had it for a month, and my theory is that one connects more to a wind instrument (through the mouth) than to a string instrument. But I might be wrong.

My teacher had put on new and better strings for me, and I can hear the difference in sound, though I didn't think I would be able to. I wish I had my tuner (which I forgot in the bag of my "old" 3oud in Denmark) so I could tune it properly - but I'm still able to do the fingering exercises I got. Thanks to my teacher for actually giving me tips on how to do "zakhrafe" [ornamentations] in the Arabic style, and for his patience with my still fumbling fingers. There's still a long way before I can play fluently, but I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment