Tuesday 8 February 2011

New 3oud!

I went on my new bike (! ^^) to Jaffa Street / Ben Yahuda to the music and instruments shop there - 3ouds starting from 790 shekels for beginners, but not very nice looking...
So I went to the old city to try to look for an 3oud there, though I doubted the quality of 3ouds available. But I met a guy in front of Jaffa Gate - one of those shouting "shoppin' today?!" after tourists, and whom I normally ignore with all my might - who actually knew a shop just in of Jaffa Gate, he played 3oud (or lute, as he said) himself, and didn't even charge me for talking to him.

So I got this nice 3oud, hibiscus coloured and with beautiful decorations on the front - and, most important, a label in the "belly", visible through the shamsiyat (sound holes), saying it comes from Bait el-3oud (the House/Home of 3oud) in Cairo, which I heard of when I was there, but unfortunately never got around to visit.



So yay! new instrument. Though I realised my tuner is with my other 3oud. In Denmark. But our roommate tuned it for me, with his tuner on his computer. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment