Tuesday 1 February 2011

*please update your webpage*

I've spend today trying to find an Arabic music school here in Jerusalem, maybe in Bethlehem (which is close by). I had already found Edward Said National Music Conservatory, which has 5 branches in Palestine, and I had tried to contact the Jerusalem branch in October, but no reply. I had noted that the years written on the website said "2008" or maybe "2009", but hoped the email addresses would work any way. Apparently not.

And today I've looked at
  • Popular Arts Centre; with long and good describtions of all their interesting activities, but no schedule for them, no numbers to contact - and latest update for summer camp 2010.
  • ArtSchool Palestine; with a long list of "what's on" - latest update in august 2009.
  • Palestinian National Theatre; where there's a mimeshow tomorrow - but the website is wishing Happy New Year 2006.
  • Khalil Sakakini Cultural Centre in Ramallah; with a broad program of activities - the newest took place in September 2005. But there's wonderful oud-music as backgroundsound.
  • Sabreen.org; advertising under "workshops" for a music conference - in summer 2000.
Please you people, who make a living from informing other peolpe like me about your exsistence and activities and programs - update your webpages!

Until then, I'll have to find out the "old way"; trying to find the locations, walk in and ask (or more likely come back when it's open). If I can find it - 'cus precise adresses are not used here. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment