Saturday 12 February 2011

Swimming in the Dead Sea!

...is impossible.
The water refuses to let you sink in deep enough to be able to make swimming stroke.

My legs were kicking in the air when I tried, and A tried to dive down (with goggles on!), but came laughing up, cus it was close to impossible. So we floated literally on the water, and could turn around as if on wobbly grass. It was a very curious experience.

The water was very greasy or oily to touch, and when I looked down in the water close to the shore where it was only some centimetres deep, it looked like when you pour acid or liquid soap into water; the same twisting patterns. But the bottom was covered with salt crystals, and I found some salt "stones" to bring home.

And it tastes horrible! No surprise. Except every times I got it in my mouth.
And the 33% salt in the water made my eyes water, when I accidentially splashed.
But it should be very good for the skin - so hopefully my acne have gotten the final stroke now!

No comments:

Post a Comment