Thursday 24 February 2011

Language school found!

Yay, I've found a language school so I can learn Palestinian dialect, understand what people here are saying, and stop sounding Egyptian. It's located in the Old City very close to the Temple Mount, and it's a part of al-Quds University (Jerusalem is called al-Quds [the Holy] in Arabic), at the Centre for Jerusalem studies. The teacher is very sweet and cheerful and pleasant, and I got a whole page of new words from our 3 hours' lesson. The class started in mid-January, but I'm jumping in anyway. It's the highest level they offer in dialect with class lessons, and I want classmates for sociable reasons. The class is meeting each tuesday and thursday for 3 hours, and today we were 7 students. It's gonna be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment